Monday, December 04, 2006


This weekend I met a neighbor. Freddy and his wife Yovanna have two kids and 11 cows. One of their cows was "down" on the field across from our house. She had not gotten up for a couple of days. I mentioned to Freddy that I have a friend, Bill, who is a large animal veterinarian. He works with Christian Veterinary Mission out in the campo.

Freddy came to my gate at 7 a.m. the next morning and asked me to bring Bill to take a look at the cow who was still down. To lose this cow would be to lose a huge asset for Freddy and his wife. He had been sitting with the cow for a couple of days. They had built a tent over her to protect her from the sun. He had been cutting grass and hand feeding her, but she could not stand.

Bill came over and gave her a couple of IV's and a vitamin injection, but he was not very hopeful. Andrew and I stood and watched. After Bill finished we all stood and prayed for the cow and for Freddy and his family.

No comments: