Friday, March 27, 2009

One of the last of a generation

I am in Curitiba, Brasil for a Call2All conference. The conference challenges Christians, churches and organizations to adopt one of the last unreached and unengaged people groups. The worship has been amazing, once you get used to the Brazilian style.

Last night Loren Cunningham, founder of YWAM, spoke. His message of vision and commitment to a cause really struck home with me. He is one of the last of a generation of leaders who founded organizations and movements in the post-war era, including Bill Bright. I have the impression that my generation has largely kept the light burning after these fellows have cast the vision. The current and coming generations will have to do much more to trust God for revival. We need new ideas, new structures, maybe a break with the past. I am excited to see it coming.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So true Dad. Our generation needs to carry the light on for these past leaders. And even if not on the mission field ourselves, we can do so by supporting and promoting missions. I'm reengergized just reading this.