Friday, September 28, 2007

Magdalena: Released from Shame

Last week I was in Cartagena, Colombia for the religious broadcasters convention for Latin America. I was there to premiere the new film we are working on called Magdalena: Released from Shame. The film presents the gospel story from the point of view of Mary Magdalene. The producers really wanted to reach women who are oppressed around the world. It really struck a chord with women here in South America.

We had a couple of goals, one was to distribute 1300 free DVD's of the film to participants, but more than that to encourage them to use the DVD to reach women for Christ and to start new small groups of women. In addition we showed the film on the big screen to an audience of several hundred.

I was anxious to get the reaction of the women who saw the film. Here is a brief video of some of their responses. Their excitement was plain to see:



I'll keep you posted as we distribute the film more widely throughout South America.

Ron

1 comment:

David Hurtado-Gabriel said...

Hey Ron, I just came across your blog and really enjoyed reading it. I did not realize you were doing the work of the JESUS Film project. That is awesome. I can't wait to get a copy of "Magdalena, released from shame."

Blessings,
David Hurtado